domenica 23 luglio 2017

Hounded, by Kevin Hearne

Little bits of wisdom from Hounded by Kevin Hearne...

It had been a long time since I'd felt any desire to truly inflict pain upon another person. I tend to take the long view in dealing with irritating people - as in, I'm going to outlive whoever irritates me, so the problem will eventually go away. I had privately changed "This, too, shall pass" into "You, too, shall die," and it helped me avoid all sorts of conflicts.
P 162

The point is that the universe is exactly the size that your soul can encompass. Some people live  in extremely small worlds, and some live  in a world of infinite possibility.
P 169

It reminded me that Oberon had magic of his own: he could focus my attention on how perfectly sublime life can be at times. Such moments are ephemeral, and without his guidance I might have missed many of them, working so hard to get somewhere that I would fail to recognize when I had arrived.
P 204



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...