venerdì 14 giugno 2013

Fate's Edge, di Ilona Andrews

Fate's Edge (The Edge, #3)Fate's Edge by Ilona Andrews
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Bello, con personaggi molto ben definiti e una storia interessante. In particolare, le apparizioni e lo spazio concesso a personaggi di libri precedenti giova alla trama, al ritmo e allo humor. Avrebbero potuto essere trascurate alcune parti troppo estese (la setta religiosa) e approfondite altre (l'innamoramento, la conclusione), alcuni elementi non mi hanno proprio convinta (il setting del primo rapporto d'amore è quanto meno improbabile), ma altri sono stati coinvolgenti e appassionanti (Jack e George, le apparizioni di William e Cerise, i dialoghi, le riflessioni dei personaggi).
Una serie davvero riuscita, che non delude anche ora che ha virato sulla famiglia Mar.


View all my reviews

*Qualche citazione tratta da goodreads...*


* “If the sky could dream, it would dream of dragons.” 
* “Oh, so it was a lifesaving kiss."

"Well, if you want to put it that way..."

Arrogant jackass. "Do me a favor: next time you think my life needs saving, just let me die. I'd really prefer it."

He laughed.

She shook her head. "I'm going to the front with the boys. Don't follow me. You and your paramedic kisses need time to cool off.” 
* “Did I hurt you in the parking lot?"
"No, m'lady. I fell, so I could put a tracker on your car."
"Great.”
* “You're right, my problems are the biggest problems ever," George said. "No, honestly, it's horrible to be me. I'm rich, talented, and I make girls cry."
"How do you make girls cry, exactly?"
George turned to her. His blue eyes widened. His lovely face took on a forlorn, deeply troubled expression. He leaned forward, and, in a theatrical whisper, said, "My past is tragic. I wouldn't want to burden you with it. It's a pain I must suffer alone. In the rain. In silence.” 

* “I never wanted to marry anyone before,” he said. “When two people marry, they surrender a small part of themselves. They become more like each other. I never met a woman who was better than me at things I take pride in, and I never wanted to be like them. I always knew that whoever I was with was temporary. There was always a new woman around the corner. I’ve seen marriages shatter. Twice. My mother left, then Richard’s wife. It almost broke my brother." 
“So how do I know that you won’t move on and leave me broken?”
“Because you are the one. You are better than me in some things, and I am better than you in others.” He drew her into his arms. “I don’t mind being a bit like you. I hope you don’t mind being a bit like me.” 

* “Audrey turned to him, a sly little spark hiding in her eyes. "The only man who gets to call me 'love' would be waking up next to me after a very, very fun night."
Fun night. Oh yes.
"Guess what?" She leaned closer. "You will never be that man.” 
* “Oh, I don't know. I might grow on you."
She furrowed her pretty eyebrows. "Like a cancer?"
"Like a favorite vice.” 
* “The heavy eyelids snapped open. Jack froze.
A huge gold-and-amber eye, as big as a dinner plater, stared at him. The dark pupil shrank, focusing.
Jack stood very still.
The colossal head turned, the scaled lip only three feet from Jack. The golden eyes gazed at him, wirling with fiery color.
Jack breathed in tiny, shallow breaths.
Dont blink. Don't blink...
Two gusts of wind erutped from the wyvern's nostrils Jack jumped straight up, bounced off the ground into another jump, and scrambled up the nearest tree.
In the clearing, Gaston bent over, guffawing like an idiot.
'It's not funny!” 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...